Implementing Sensing Step
Implementing Sensing Step:
Most of the time in game agents; we implement sense of touch, sight, hearing, and balance
Sense of Touch: collision detection techniques
Point, AABB, circle, sphere, polygon, per pixel, ray casting
Sense of Sight:
1. Is the other game object within the viewing distance of the game agent?
2. Is the other game object within the viewing angle of the game agent?
3. Is the other game object not obscured by the environment?
Sense of hearing:
1. is the sound is in hearing range (i.e. 360 degrees)
2. is the sound detected; a player sound or other game agent sound (Identifying sound)
Sense of balance: using moment formulas (clockwise and anticlockwise)